The Community Exchange Foundation facilitates the redistribution and reuse of value. We strive to keep resources in circulation by reconnecting perfectly good, currently-unused items that would otherwise be discarded to new owners who need them.
Our mission is one of utility and sustainability. As a "middleman," we maximize the use of idle goods and services, reduce waste, slow the flow to our landfills, and enhance the overall well-being of the community. Our reconnection movement secondarily raises funds that we distribute to improve the quality of life locally and throughout the region.
The Kids' Exchange, our seasonal children's consignment sale, is currently our main program. It:
CONNECTS high-quality, gently-used and like-new children’s items with new owners;
REDUCES waste and consumption;
KEEPS items out of landfills to the tune of $655,000 worth of goods since 2010;
DONATES children's clothing, toys and gear to the following non-profit organizations: Adirondack Community Outreach located in North Creek; North Country Ministry located in Warrensburg; Friends of Crandall Public Library in Glens Falls; Glens Falls Nation Boutique at Glens Falls High School; and Victory's Closet at Catholic Charities operated by the volunteers at Soroptimist International of the Adirondacks.
RAISES funds which are donated to local causes to improve community life. Since 2010, we have distributed $128,000 in funds and goods to many local organizations, including:
WATCH FOR NEW PROJECTS COMING SOON!
- Lake George Arts Project
- SPCA of Upstate New York
- Crandall Public Library
- Youtheatre, Inc.
- Hyde Museum
- Go! World Awareness Children's Museum
- Comfort Food Community
- Luzerne Music Center
- Adirondack Folk School
- Charles R. Wood Theater
- Chapman Museum/Glens Falls-Queensbury Historical Association
- Hudson River Music Hall
- Adirondack Save-A-Stray
- North Country Ministry
- WAIT House
- Caleo Counseling Services of Warren-Washington Association For Mental Health, Inc.
- Adirondack Museum
- French and Indian War Society
- Glens Falls YMCA
- Glens Falls Family Service Association
- The Greenjackets Football Team
- HOPE Committee of Glens Falls High School/Glens Falls Nation Boutique
- The Lake George Association Floating Classroom
- The Open Door Mission
- Double L Equine Rescue and Sanctuary
- Cindy's Comfort Camp of the Glens Falls Hospital Foundation
- The Snuggery at Glens Falls Hospital
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Q-Club Summer Youth Program