WHAT YOU CAN & CANNOT SELL AT THE
2015 SPRING SALE
- First-time Kids' Exchange consignors limited to 30 clothing items for first sale; no limits on all other items
- SIZING: We only accept clothing through size 14 or fits like 14
- Make sure none of your items are recalled. Check the toys and baby categories on the following website: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/
BRING THESE ITEMS TO THE
2015 SPRING SALE
*WE DO NOT PUT OUT STAINED OR DIRTY ITEMS (CLOTHING, BABY GEAR, TOYS, ETC.) ON OUR SALES FLOOR. NEW CONSIGNORS: THAT MEANS ITEMS MUST BE IN LIKE-NEW CONDITION.*
- Drop-sided cribs
- Infant car seats without travel system
- Convertible/toddler car seats
- The following clothing brands, UNLESS they are new with tags: Baby Connection, Basic Editions, Faded Glory ,Fisher Price, Garanimals, Gerber, Hanes, Kid Connection,
Kids Headquarters, McBaby/McKids, Riders, Route 66, Rustler, Simply Basic(s), Small Wonders, Toughskins
- VHS tapes
- Used arts & crafts kits
- Broken toys; toys missing parts; dirty toys
- Baby gear (swings, bouncers, etc.) with stains or broken
- Beat-up furniture (including rocking chairs)
- Anything with rust (no rusty strollers, bikes etc.)
- Out-of-date, out-of-style clothing
- Clothing that is wrinkled, faded, shrunken, overly worn, out of style, stained, dirty, pilling, frayed, ripped, has holes etc. Watch out for faded soft knits like print dresses; baby sleepers/pj’s with dirty feet; onesies with stains around the collar/front.
- Stuffed animals
- Used nursing bras, underwear (must be new with tags)
- Used blankets
- Dirty carpets
- Baby walkers
- Diaper genies
- Convertible or toddler carseats
- Dollar-store, Happy Meal or McDonald’s-type toys
- Unsafe, outdated, broken, damaged or recalled toys, equipment or furniture. To check if your items were recalled by the Consumer Products Safety Commission, see www.cpsc.gov
- Toys containing more than 200ppm lead
- Clothing with broken/missing buttons, zippers, fasteners
- Fall/winter clothing
- Hand-sewn clothing. All clothing must contain a label from a retailer.
- Items with stale or musty odors, cigarette smoke smells, mothball odors, etc. We will pull such items off the sales floor prior to the sale if we detect strong odors.
- Used pacifiers, bottles, underwear
- Toys without batteries
- Computers and computer monitors
- Adult clothing and accessories
- Clothing not tagged properly in accordance with the Kids’ Exchange Guidelines
Items must be thoroughly cleaned and in like-new or gently used condition. Please make sure your clothing is odor free. Wash clothing in scent-free detergent if necessary. Vacuum off/remove all pet hair. No wrinkled clothing allowed.
To maintain the integrity and reputation of the sale, items will be inspected for quality. Please do not be offended if we have to pull your items from the sale because they do not comply with these guidelines. We have very strict standards.
If you are questioning whether an item is sale-worthy, save it for your garage sale!
SAMPLE NAME BRANDS THAT SELL QUICKLY AND MAKE YOU LOTS OF $$:
- Clothing: Gap, Gymboree, Osh Kosh, Carters, Children’s Place, Mini Boden, Hanna Andersson, Circo (Target), Cherokee, Polo, Land’s End, LL Bean, boutique brands, Justice, Abercrombie & Fitch, Old Navy, Hollister, American Eagle, Aeropostale, Stride Rite and more!
- Toys: Little Tikes, Little People, Fisher-Price, Alex Toys, Ryan’s Room, Chicco, Lego, Step 2, Melissa & Doug, Brio, Baby Einstein, Playskool, I-Play, Imaginarium, Playhut, Playmobil, Parents, Leap Frog, and anything Thomas the Train or princess, and especially unusual toys!