PRICING, TAGGING & HANGING YOUR ITEMS
- Minimum price is $2.00 for an item.
- Price in $1.00 increments, i.e., $2.00, $3.00, $4.00 etc.
- Group items together to meet the $2.00 minimum if necessary.
- Questions on how to price? Contact us and we will email/send you a pricing guide! A general rule: price at 30% of the retail price.
You have three options:
- Purchase pre-cut price tags from us, 50 for $3, at hanger pickup.
- Handwrite your price tags on 3 x 5 index cards;
- Use our downloadable, fill-in tagging template on our website, printed out ON CARDSTOCK, no exceptions. NO REGULAR PAPER TAGS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Try not to print on regular paper and then staple to cardstock; it still falls apart.
- THERE WILL BE A $25 CHARGE DEDUCTED FROM YOUR CHECK IF YOU FAIL TO USE THE APPROPRIATE TAGS.
WHAT GOES ON THE INDEX CARD TAG? (See picture below)
- Use a 3 x 5 index card
- Top line: size
- Second line: description of your item
- Third Line: price
- Fourth Line: If you want your item reduced to ½ price at the end of the sale, write an “R” and CIRCLE IT . If you don’t want it reduced, leave the “R” off entirely. If you want your item donated to charity if it doesn’t sell, write a “D” and CIRCLE IT. If you don’t want it donated, leave the “D” off entirely.
- Bottom line: your consignor number
USING THE TAGGING TEMPLATE ON OUR WEBSITE
- Download the template, print it out on cardstock, handwrite in the missing information, and cut the tags out.
- Print on regular paper, cut out and staple your paper tag to a 3 x 5 index card for strength.
- Don’t use regular paper for your tag-- it will fall off or be destroyed during the sale. We won't pay you for lost or missing tags even though your item sold.
- If you want your item donated, circle “Yes” next to Donate. If not, circle “No.”
- If you want your item reduced to half-price at the half-price sale, circle “Yes” next to Reduce. If not, circle “No”.
WHERE DO THE TAGS GO?
- CLOTHING: Use a safety pin and attach your tag to the upper right corner of clothing. (See pictures below.) Make sure we can remove the tag in one piece because the tags are used to tally your proceeds!
- SHOES: DO NOT PLACE SHOES IN A BAG--they will fall off the racks. Instead, tie/attach shoes together and tape or safety pin tag to the shoe. You can also leave them in the box if they’re new and put the tag on the box top.
- TOYS AND EVERYTHING ELSE: Tape tag to the item.
- Items will be inspected and any items not meeting the above criteria will not be put out on the sales floor.
- We will be unable to sell items if they lose their tags. They will be donated to charity between 5-5:30 p.m. on the day of the sale.
Pick up hangers from us or use your own. We only allow white plastic or clear plastic hangers. We find the kind from Old Navy, Carter’s, Bon-Ton, TJ Maxx, Target or Osh Kosh work best. NO WIRE OR COLORED HANGERS ACCEPTED.
Hangers will be available in April 2015 for you to pick up at a location in Glens Falls. We will post this location on our Facebook page. Hangers are first-come, first-serve until they run out.
Small (infant to 3T)
Infant (newborn to 18 mos)
Medium (24 mos to 5T)
Large (6 +)
Specialty hangers (Hangs 2 pieces together, like pajamas or sets)
These only work for infant thru 2T
For maternity pants, we have some adult pants hangers on a first-come, first-serve basis.